Friday, March 1, 2013

Updates


I deeply apologize for the long intermission between my last blog update and this one.  Life, as one might say, has been a bit crazy.  I’ll give you a shortened version of the latest happenings, and then fill you in on business overseas.


February Basics

·      My grad classes have been very intense this semester.  I’ve somehow been able to keep up, and I have learned so very much, but I’m probably lucky to have any hair left.  Some tasks have literally left me pulling at my hair and screaming at my computer, like creating a website from scratch, no fancy little do-it-yourself in a day website, but we are talking weeks and weeks of work.  (This is hard stuff folks!)  But you better believe I received the one and only 100% in my class.  Oh, yeah!  

·      I feel like I have the most amazing group of 5th graders that I could possibly have this year.  My students put on a Wax Museum project that went off flawlessly.  It was a lot of prep work for all of my teammates and myself, plus of course the students’ hard work, but they were amazing!  

·      I was pleasantly surprised to have a phone call a few weeks ago from Autumn.  She asked to come see us.  We got to have her for an overnight and the girls were ecstatic!  They have missed Autumn terribly, as have I.  I’m praying she will be allowed to visit again for the month of March, as well.  I’m very hopeful.

·      Joanna is all enrolled for kindergarten for next year, and also for kindergarten summer school, too.  She is so excited!  I might be a touch nervous already.  I just can't believe we are there already.

·      Abigail was hit by the flu last week.  She was sick for 6 days straight.  It was a miserable experience for both her and I.  She lost 8 pounds and we are trying to put that weight back on her.  She’s so much better now.

·      We had a little something called SNOW the past two weeks.  A total of 20 inches combined over 2 weeks and 4 snow days later, I’m hoping we are done with it for a while.  Old Man Winter can go hang out somewhere else.



Life Overseas

A big change has occurred for Trent and his squad.  His squad has moved to another area away from the rest of his unit.  There were some police stations that needed to start being worked with that were further away.  Trent’s squad was “volunteered” for this new task.  They got all moved in and settled into their new home yesterday.  The squad is responsible for more police stations now and will have other duties as the need comes.  We ask for prayers for Trent and his squad as they go further into this new chapter of the deployment.  It hasn’t been said yet if they will be there for the remainder of the deployment, or if it is just short lived.  As for packages, the same address still works.  The packages will still get to them all the same.  

 
I’ll try to be more diligent with my postings.  Again, please forgive me for the delay.  Life kind of happened.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment