Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Extras


I had an entirely different post all typed up and ready to publish, and then I chickened out.  It was an extremely personal posting, and I just didn’t feel up to posting it right now, maybe another time.  However, I will say that just typing it out, made me feel better.  So…moving on...let me tell you about “The Extras.”

I went grocery shopping after church today with the girls.  My list on my phone in hand, we went through the aisles picking up the items, and then some.   I had extra items on my list to add to Trent’s care package for the week.  I knew I threw in a few extras on my own into the cart too, but didn’t realize how much until I was putting them on the conveyer belt at the checkout. 

I have been eating healthier since Trent left, as I have a goal for myself that I intend to meet before his return.  You can call it a diet, or a lifestyle change, or whatever you want to call it.  I’ve been doing really well, but, when I have a rough day or week, I am one to find comfort in food.  I just allow myself to have those days, and I’m okay with that.

I knew that I had a rough last half of the week, but I thought that I was over it.  Judging by “The Extras” I brought home today from the store, I am now fairly certain that I’m not back to normal yet.  Here were my extras (don’t judge!)
  • Nestle Toll-house Cookie Dough
  • Fig Newtons
  • Bakery Cinnamon Rolls

At least the list only has three items, but they’re big items.  All sweets this time, which I find interesting.  I wonder if that means something in particular??  There’s nothing salty in that mix at all.  Normally my comfort foods are chili cheese dogs and onion rings, or as my college roommate would tell you, cheesecake is also a past favorite of mine (at 1:00 in the morning.)

So, when you throw “The Extras” in your grocery cart what would it normally be, and what does it say about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment