Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ta-ta to Two Weeks of Bliss


Christmas Break was very welcomed in my house.  I truly enjoyed every second of it.  I’m not going to lie, I am very disappointed to see it go tomorrow.  But, in return, I’m also looking forward to routine again in our life.  Over the past two weeks, I have marked off every item off of my to-do list!  I’ve also read 2 books, spent some great quality time with the girls, and had some time to myself. 

My biggest accomplishment was going to a movie all by myself and eating in a restaurant by myself.  This was a huge step for me.  One of my biggest fears is to be “alone.” These are two things that can make you feel very alone, in my opinion.  I went and saw Les Miserables all by my lonesome last week.  It was an amazing movie, and I enjoyed it so much that it didn’t even seem as though I was alone.  There were a few others in the theatre, all with someone else, but it was ok.  I did it, and I was darn proud of myself!  This week, I tackled the next one.  I went to Panera, alone, to actually sit and eat in the restaurant.  (I will tell you that this one was easier than the movie, because I brought my kindle with me and read.)  Regardless, these were both two things that took great courage for me, but I took them down, one at a time!  Sorry, if this sounds silly to some of you, but it was colossal for me! 

The girls and I are doing very well.  Joanna is learning how to tie her shoes and is catching on rather quickly.  Abigail is still scheming away, being as ornery as ever.  Gotta love that spirit!  The girls went back to their school on Wednesday, they go to a Christian daycare/preschool.  Their teachers were teaching them more about prayers and they made a prayer bulletin board.  Each child drew a picture of their prayer and then told their teacher what their prayer was and the teachers wrote it on their index card.  Here are Joanna and Abigail’s prayers.  Such kind hearts in those little girls.  :)





Trent is doing well.  For those of you not on Facebook, you will be new to this news.  Trent was promoted on January 1st.  He is no longer Staff Sergeant Rhea, but instead is now Sergeant First Class Rhea!  For family and friends that I gave personalized yellow ribbons to, I will be getting you new ones with his new rank soon.  Also, for those sending care packages his way, the address is still the same, of course, but you need to change his rank to SFC, instead of SSG. 

Here are a few pictures of his promotion ceremony in Afghanistan. 
















I am so proud of his accomplishment.  He is an amazing leader.  One who leads by example, is respectful of others and their thoughts, who is genuinely concerned about his soldiers, and strives to be better daily.  Pretty proud of that man of mine! 

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you all are doing so well. Tell Trent congrats on the promotion. Let met know if you come around Sedalia and we can meet up for lunch or dinner unless you prefer to eat alone now that you can :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to choose between eating by myself and eating with you, Heather, I would choose........always you, my dear friend! :) I'll let you know when I'm that way again.

      Delete