Monday, September 17, 2012

Apologies for the Delay (Take 2)


First, I apologize for the extreme time frame between my last post and now.  Since Trent’s return from California, I feel as though the days have just been a blur.  Why must the time go so fast?  I’m not sure what happened to it, and it is truly a struggle to know that our time is quickly dwindling down to a mere eight days.  We will take those eight days and embrace them though.

Most of our time has been devoted to Army stuff over the past few weeks, and the remaining will be as well.  We were very blessed to be a part of my brother-in-law, Jason’s, OCS graduation last weekend, and Trent was honored to give him his first salute.  It was a great moment for our families to be there and witness.  

Trent giving Jason his first salute.

Me and my soldier, SSG Rhea


While all of our family was together last weekend, including Autumn, we tried to take a nice family picture together in Jefferson City, but the sun was relentless and we didn’t get one where someone wasn’t squinting.  This was the best out of the bunch.  Not the best, but we’ll try again in a year or so.  :)



This weekend was also Army filled as we had our Yellow Ribbon weekend with Trent’s unit, otherwise known as “Death by Power Point.”  It is an extremely informative weekend for those who have never been through a deployment.  But, for those of us who have, it makes for a long weekend.   It really was very useful, and a good refresher though.   Nevertheless, if you ever present at a large event where there are multiple (and I do mean multiple) presenters, there is more than one way (i.e. PowerPoint) to present your information to your audience.  Just saying…

So….how are we doing?  The girls are well.  We said goodbye to Autumn last Sunday.  It will be quite sometime before we will see her again. She has a busy year of 6th grade ahead of her.  Joanna and Abigail love their time with Daddy.  One of them seems to be attached to him at all times.  They are both Daddy’s girls!  Trent is in preparation mode.  He makes lists left and right of all the things to complete, purchase, and find.  He is also trying hard to spend as much time with the girls as he can.  I am doing well most of the time.  The last deployment, I remember crying a lot at the beginning and before (I was a newbie last time, remember.)  This time, it just kind of hits me at different times.  I just have these moments where it feels like I can’t catch my breath or someone is sitting on my chest and I can’t breathe.  It’s not all the time though, so I’m going to say that I’m hanging in there.

After Trent leaves, we will get to see him one more time before he goes overseas at the end of November.  However, we found out this weekend that he will not get to come home to us, so we will just have to go to him.  Ever been to El Paso?  Well, if not, the girls and I will tell you all about in just a few short months!

No comments:

Post a Comment