Saturday, August 4, 2012

Reality with a Twist


I wasn’t going to write about this, as I want this blog to be as positive as possible.  As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I’m not so naive to think that we aren’t going to have rough days ahead of us.  Well, yesterday was one of those days, in particular for me.  I like to consider myself a fairly strong individual.  I can pretty much handle whatever is thrown at me, it might not be my best moments, but I can get through them.  We all made it through the day yesterday.  I’ll elaborate on the details in just a second, but before we do, I want to throw a twist into this blog in order to make it a bit more fun and not so boo-hooy. 

I’m a regular Bruno Mars Pandora Radio listener.  Today, however, I just didn’t feel up to it, so I switched to one of my favorite standbys Don Williams Pandora Radio.  If you are unaware of whom the Gentle Giant is, then I encourage you to check him out.  I truly enjoy good ol’ classic country and this station has all the good stuff.  Anyways, Don William’s radio plays more than just his songs, they play all of the classics on there, and it was just what I needed to hear.  During the rest of this post, I’m going to throw in some titles into my writing.  Let’s see how many song titles from our classic country artists you can find… Ready, Set, Go!

Thursday evening, I stayed up way past my bedtime waiting for my husbands phone call.  Since Ft. Irwin isn’t on Tulsa time, because it’s in the Pacific Time Zone, we are two hours ahead of them.  Being a soldier isn’t really a 9 to 5 job.  Most of the time when Trent is able to call me it’s rather late in the evening for him, therefore making it come early morning for me.  Because I’m the good hearted woman that I am, and I know it’s our last phone conversation for two weeks thanks to “The Box”, I wait up for my phone to ring.  When it finally rings at 1:15 a.m., I happily answer the phone “Hello Darlin,” and in return he replies with, “Hey good lookin!” (Yes, I’m paraphrasing, but stay with me here.)  We have our conversation, and he apologizes for it being so late.  It gets a little tearful near the end, and then we say goodbye and he turns in his phone.  And so it sets in…two weeks of not talking to my husband, my best friend, my love.  Saying a prayer, I fall asleep knowing I’ll have Jesus to help me make it through the night. 

I did well through the night, and woke up to kiss my angels good morning.  My mom called around 9 and asked what I was up to for the day, and I’m not sure what happened but I just started to fall to pieces.  I did my best to pull myself together, and Mama tried to encourage me and praise me for how well I’ve been doing.  Unfortunately, life isn’t always like a rose garden and sometimes you feel like you are in a ring of fire.  So my confession is that sometimes, preferably behind closed doors, I’m gonna fall apart. 

After my conversation with my mom, and before the next teardrop falls (yes, I know it should be fell) I made a plan for the day to stay as busy as possible.  The girls and I were going to head to my classroom for my first round of trying to get it together for the year.  Not my brightest idea with both little ones and my emotional state rocky at best, but we did our best to make it work.  At the end of the night, I snuggled with both of my girls for a second and thought that even on our roughest days I wouldn’t have missed it for the world and our love is still on a roll. 

In two weeks, when my phone finally rings, I will be the happiest girl in the whole USA.  Until then, I will wake every morning and say, “Lord, I hope this day is good,” and if it’s not I’ll walk the line and do my best to make it better.


That certainly made a mopey post way more fun!  What’s your count?!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you crack me up! Were we just doing country, cuz I found some pop titles in there too ;-) Come over if you need/want to and we'll have a playdate.

    ReplyDelete